Hi, today I am going to share the 15 best lip care tips with you all. Almost all of us females enjoy wearing lip colours, whether they are brilliant and colourful or subtle and pastel.
Table of Contents
Taking Care Of Lips
No lipstick can provide a great pout if your lips are neglected!
Our lips’ skin is much thinner than the skin on the rest of our bodies. This makes it easier for them to crack and chap, and there’s all the more reason for us to look after them.
Our lips have fewer oil glands and lack the ability to produce sun-filtering natural melanin. As a result, they have almost no protection of their own.
Chapped lips are particularly common in the winter when our skin is dehydrated by the cold, dry air. Winter isn’t the only season that causes problems for our mouths. All year long, dry air, sun, and wind will dry out your lips equally.
Lip balm is the most effective treatment for chapped, dry lips. Some treatments contain menthol or camphor to alleviate rawness and stinging and are made up of waxes and oils.
Others contain allantoin or aloe to hasten the healing process. Many people use sunscreen to protect themselves from the sun, but be sure it contains UVA-blocking chemicals like avobenzone, titanium dioxide, or zinc oxide.
In addition to the aforementioned, there are a few additional things you can do to help the lip balm work better. Before we get into the numerous lip care tips and methods, let’s have a look at some of the issues you might be having with your lips.
Symptoms and Causes of Common Lip Issues:
Here are a few issues that you might have with your lips:
- Chapping can happen at any time of year.
- Apply a decent lip balm on a daily basis to prevent and treat chapped lips.
- Make it such that the edges of the lips are slightly overlapped.
- Look for a sun-protective balm with ingredients like Vitamins A, C, and E, as well as AHAs.
- After sleeping in dry air, cracks are common.
- To avoid this, apply a quality lip balm before going to bed.
- Also, consider using a humidifier to assist preserve moisture in the air.
- This occurs as the skin around the mouth loses collagen and elastic tissue as it ages, or as smoking exacerbates the problem.
- Using a waxy lip liner to draw a line around your lips can help keep your lipstick in place.
- When cosmetics are no longer effective, collagen injections are a more permanent (and expensive) approach to fix the fissures.
- Alternatively, you could simply stop smoking and give up!
Blisters due to cold
- These blisters or open scabs are caused by viral diseases.
Apply lipstick with cotton swabs while the sore is visible to avoid re-infection.
- Now that you’re aware of the various types of lip problems that can occur, as well as the causes that lead to them, let’s look at some ideas for dealing with them.
Avoid touching or licking your lips
- Lips have no natural protection, therefore they are instantly damaged every time you touch or lick them.
- It’s critical that you don’t do anything that will exacerbate the situation.
- Never, ever, ever lick your lips. It may feel pleasant for the time being and also hydrate your lips.
- However, as the saliva drains, the lips get increasingly drier. Saliva enzymes are simply too abrasive for your delicate lips.
- The second thing you should never do is breathe through your mouth.
- With all that dry air blowing over it, imagine how much moisture is being sucked away.
- The last point in this section is self-evident.
- If someone’s lips are infected, don’t kiss them.
- It only takes a few minutes for an infection to spread to any crevices on your lips.
Sugar Scrub For Pink Lips
This method is good for lip exfoliants. Sugar is used for lip care to cleanse the dead skin cells on the lips by rubbing them. Butter cleanses the complexion and helps in enhancing shine. Mix three spoons of sugar and two spoons of butter and make a thin paste. Scrub on the lips with this paste. Do it two to three times a week.
Turmeric Scrub For Smooth And Pink Lips
Make a thin paste by mixing turmeric powder and milk. Soak the lips with water and gently scrub the lips with a soft toothbrush. A soft toothbrush is a good exfoliator for lips. Apply turmeric paste on the lips and leave for 2 to 3 minutes. Exfoliate the lips slowly with a soft toothbrush. Do this for 2 to 3 minutes, making sure that the Healthy Cells do not come out by rubbing. Dry the lips and apply the lip balm of your choice. This is a very good tip for lip care.
Lemon has bleaching properties. This is the natural home remedy to do pink lips. Lemon juice not only helps in making the lips pink but also eliminates dark spots on the lips and skin. Lemon juice exfoliates the lips and tones the lips. Squeeze out a lemon and extract the juice and massage the lips with fresh juice. Do it every night before sleeping.
Lemon And Sugar Scrub
In a bowl, take a spoonful of Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil. Add 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar and whisk well and make a thin paste. Add more sugar if necessary. After mixing it well, keep the paste in the pot and apply it for a week. Store the paste in a fridge. Apply a little paste on the lips You can also use a toothbrush. Wash lips with warm water and apply the balm of your choice.
Honey On Lips
Apply honey on the lips every night and leave it overnight. This will not only lighten the dark lips but will also give a soft and pink glow.
Beetroot As Cleanser
The purple colour of beetroot has the natural properties of reducing the darkness of the lips, which reduces the darkness and also lightens the colour of the lips.
Essential minerals and vitamins are found in raspberry, which keeps the lips bubbly. Make a paste by mixing raspberry, aloe vera and pure honey. Massage the lips and scrub with this paste. Wash after 10 minutes. After this, apply homemade balm which will bring shine and pinkness to your lips.
Olive oil contains essential minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients. To soften the lips, scrub it with olive oil before sleeping at night, and by doing this, the lips will shine.
Tips To Prevent Dreaded Chapped Lips
- Use Creamy lipsticks to prevent your lips from chapping.
- Lip balms like ChapStick lubricate but they do not hydrate.
- If you applying ChapStick constantly it will dehydrate your lips because it actually seals moisture so that lips cannot absorb moisture from the air, the water we drink, or from hydrating formulas applied to our lips.
- When looking for products that promote healing and chapped lips prevention locate products using antioxidant-rich vitamins and plant-derived minerals like,
- Vitamine E is known for conditioning and soothing properties
- Aloe Leaf Extract offers to calm and softening your lips.
- Did you know that Aloe Leaf extract is a botanical extract and its use can be traced back to ancient times?
- Pomegranate has been known to increase hydration and helps strengthen the skin.
- Since our lips have an extremely thin outer protective layer they can age faster than other areas of the skin. You want a lip treatment system that will gently, yet effectively, exfoliate dead surface skin cells that cause the lips to appear dull and lifeless.
- Hydrate your body by drinking plenty of water.
- Ensure your body is not deficient in vitamins, iron or essential fatty acids.
- These deficiencies can cause scaling of lips and crack of lip corners.
How to Get Beautiful Lips?
The lips form the basic and one of the most important features of the face. The ultimate appeal of the face comes from the lips. Lips need proper care and attention, otherwise, they may become dull and dark.
Easy-to-Follow Lip Care Suggestions
When it comes to lip care, the old adage “prevention is better than cure” holds true. ‘It is always feasible to restore your lips’ health. However, the benefits take time to show, and you’ll have to put up with the pain that lip disorders create in the meantime.
Here are a few quick recommendations to help you take care of your lips:
Avoid touching or licking your lips:
Lips have no natural protection, therefore they are instantly damaged every time you touch or lick them.
It’s critical that you don’t do anything that will exacerbate the situation.
Do not lick your lips
It may feel pleasant for the time being and also hydrate your lips. However, as the saliva drains, the lips get increasingly drier. Saliva enzymes are simply too abrasive for your delicate lips.
The second thing you should never do is breathe through your mouth. With all that dry air blowing over it, imagine how much moisture is being sucked away.
The last point in this section is self-evident. If someone’s lips are infected, don’t kiss them. It only takes a few minutes for an infection to spread to any crevices on your lips.
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Not only is a healthy diet crucial for your skin, but it is also important for your lips.
Vitamins and other nutrients have a direct impact on your lips’ health. It is critical to maintaining a healthy diet in order to have beautiful lips!
Your lips need to be able to breathe, thus they should be free of makeup.
Before you go to bed, make sure you remove all traces of makeup off your lips.
Wipe your lips clean with a wet cotton ball.
Keep Your Lips Hydrated Overnight
We can tell when our lips are dry when we’re awake, but this might be an issue when we’re sleeping.
While you sleep, the air surrounding you tends to dry out your lips.
Before going to bed, apply a thick or moisturising lip lotion or petroleum jelly.
You can also use cream, raw milk, or even ghee in the same way (clarified butter).
Massage your lips every day
Massage your lips every day for roughly 5 minutes with some nutritious oils.
This increases blood flow to your lips and ensures that they receive the nutrients they require.
Scrub Your Lips:
It’s crucial to keep your lips healthy and supple by scrubbing them. Dead skin cells must be removed to ensure that your lips do not become infected.
Use any gentle lip scrub that you may find on the market.
Alternatively, you can use some rock sugar to make your own lip scrub at home.
Always keep a lip balm with you
you never know when your lips will start to dry out. Even if you’re travelling, make sure you have an excellent creamy and nourishing lip balm with you. So always keep a lip balm with you.
Apply Lipstick Before Going Out:
The good news is that applying lipstick before going out is an excellent idea.
Wearing lipstick will assist you to provide a layer to your lips because they don’t have any natural protection.
Lipsticks shield your lips from the sun, dry air, grime, and other environmental aggressors.
Most people don’t know the reason behind the lips looking dull. It is because of the accumulation of so many dead cells. Simply exfoliate on the surface of the lips weekly, or two to three times a week. This will enhance your blood flow and help in attaining the natural colour of the lips. We can use any kind of oil for this purpose. Now gently massage the lips.
Applying Oil On The Naval
This is the age-old and by far the most effective technique. Apply a few drops of oil on the naval and gently massage it before going to sleep. If this step is followed regularly, the effect you will see very quickly.
Moisturizing the lips
Dry lips look very shabby. It is very important to keep the lips hydrated and moisturized. While going out in the sun, we apply some lip cream on it, to prevent it from the dry heat of the sun.
Use of pomegranate seeds
Simply crush the seed of the pomegranate and mix it with milk cream. Apply it on the lips on a regular basis. This is by far one of the best homemade remedies available to us. Results will come gradually if we follow the procedure regularly.
Our body contains almost 60% of water. In order to have beautiful pink lips, it is very much important to keep them hydrated. It is always advisable to increase water intake and include a lot of juices in the diet. This is a very important tip for lip care.
Smoking is one of the biggest reasons for dark and dull lips. Smoking adversely affects our lips and leave them in very poor condition.
Home Treatment For Lip Care
Use of orange peels
Orange peels provide a very effective way of treatment of dark and dull lips. Simply rub the orange peels on the lips for a few minutes. Orange peels consist of juice, which is very good for our lips and help in maintaining the colour and beauty of the lips.
Use of carrot juice
Carrots are a very rich source of vitamins. Their juice is extremely useful. Simply soak some juice on the cotton and apply it to the lips. This vitamin-rich juice will provide the essential components needed by the lips to stay nourished.
Use of coconut oil and almond oil
Mix the two oils in equal proportion in the bowl. Apply the cost of the mixed oil on the lips and gently massage it. Do this procedure before going to the bed.
All the methods discussed above are beneficial in getting beautiful and pink lips. No matter which procedure, we follow, they are continuous processes. They needed to be repeated at regular intervals to get the best results.
Natural Beauty Tips-Choosing Nude Lipsticks
- When it comes to choosing a nude lipstick colour, the general rule is to select a shade that is either the same shade or a little bit lighter than your skin tone. If you have pale skin, then you should choose cooler shades of lipstick, whereas if you have darker skin, you’ll want to choose warmer nude shades.
- While these guidelines may seem easy enough to follow, selecting the perfect nude lip colour for you may be a bit overwhelming at first. You may find several shades that you like, only to find out that once you’ve put them on, they are either too dark, too light, or not compatible with your skin tone.
- A little-known secret to achieving the best look with nude lip colour is to apply lip gloss, lip balm, and concealer. Use the same concealer that you use to cover blemishes on your face.
- You can try experimenting with various colours of concealer to find the shade that works best for you. Before you even start applying colour to your lips, you’ll want to clean the area by using a lip exfoliator.
- The lip exfoliator is meant to make your lips smooth and remove dead layers of skin. Next, apply your favourite lip balm, and then use your fingertips to blend concealer into your lips. Do not use an excessive amount of concealer, or your lips will look muddy. Finally, add some clear lip gloss, and you have now achieved a natural, nude lip look.
- If you’d rather not use the above technique, then you will search for the perfect nude lipstick. If you have light-coloured skin, you can try Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in the color Biarritz, or Rouge Hydra Nude Lipstick in the colour Nude Rose.
- For a medium skin tone, try nude shades of true beige or light pink such as Lipstick in the color Devilish or Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in the color CafA© Chic.
- For darker skin tones, you’ll want to choose brown-based nude shades. Try Rouge Lipcolour in the colour Lingering Mocha or Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in the colour BR 304.
- The bottom line in selecting nude lipsticks is that fair skin is suited to shades that have a touch of a champagne colour, medium skin tones work best with beige or light pink shades, and darker skin tones are complemented by brown colours.
Natural Lip Care Tips
- Rose petals are the best for making your lips more beautiful. You can grind then add honey and apply it to your lips.
Rosewater is also good for your lips. Dip cotton in rose water and wipe your lips. Repeat this two to three times.
Carrot and beetroot can be scrubbed on your lips.
- These vegetables have high carotene content in them. This will nourish your lips and will make them look more attractive.
To remove the dead skin cells of your lips you can wipe with a soft toothbrush.
- Massaging the lips gently will increase blood circulation thereby making it more attractive.
- You can mix olive oil and sugar and apply it in circular motions with your finger. This procedure will refresh the lips.
Avoid smoking. The nicotine present in the cigarette will darken your lips and will spoil their beauty.
Increased consumption of tea and coffee will also reduce the colour of your lips.
- Applying lip balm that contains fruit extracts is good for your lips. Make sure that they are having good quality.
Clean all the makeup of the lips before going to bed. Excessive makeup will destroy its natural beauty it.
Natural oil massage is also recommended to enhance the beauty of your pouts.
- If you wish to use lipstick then choose the shades that are natural and glossy. This will make your pout look bigger and fuller.
- Herbal medicines are available in the market that will enhance the beauty of your pouts. Choose a good quality product for your personal use.
- Do not go in direct sunlight without any sun protection factors. Apply lip moisturizer’s which contain sun protecting factor in them.
- With these simple beauty tips and tricks, you will have soft, moisturized beautiful lips ready to kiss anyone for Valentine’s Day or any other day of the week.
- I have already said that the ready-made lip balm or lipstick contains harmful chemicals. So we always try to make all these little things at home. Now we will look at some easy ways to make lip balm at home.
Beeswax Lip Balm
The wax that is found in beeswax is very good for lip care. Melt the wax a little and mix it with coconut oil, honey and two vitamin E capsules. Your homemade lip balm is ready.
Mint Chocolate Lip Balm
Melt the wax. Add one teaspoon of cocoa powder, two tablespoons of almond oil and a few drops of peppermint oil.
Raspberry Lemon Lip Balm
Heat coconut oil then mix raspberry gelatin in it and heat again. Once the gelatin is melted, add a few drops of lemon essential.
Essential Oil Lip Balm
Melt the wax and mix it with mango butter. Add the essential oil of your choice. You can mix bit root powder to bring light red colour.
Rose Lip Balm
Melt the wax and add cocoa butter, castor oil and rose oil. If you want, you can add a little bit of vanilla essence.
Strawberry Lip Balm
Make a lip balm by mixing one teaspoon of strawberry and two teaspoons of petroleum jelly. Apply this lip balm daily to the lips. It will make the lips a shiny pink lip.
Cinnamon Lip Balm
Take half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, mix half a teaspoon of honey and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together and your scrub is ready. Cinnamon contains cassia oil. It is a soothing agent. It increases blood flow to the lips and causes pout or puffiness in the lips. You can use it twice a day.
Despite all of these precautions, your lips may still require assistance. If you’ve tried all of the aforementioned home remedies and tactics and they’re still not working, you should see a doctor. Check to see whether you’ve run out of time! Keep these easy-to-follow tips in mind for naturally healthy and smooth lips. Take precautions and show off your flawless pout in style!
Some urgent questions and answers about how to get soft and pink lips at home (FAQs):
Can I use aloe vera to get soft and pink lips?
Witness: Yes. , The main function of aloe vera is to reduce chapped lips and to cure the irritation caused by chapped lips
Q: Does lip balm every day make the lips soft and pink?
Answer: Yes, it keeps the lips moist. However, it is better to have homemade balm instead of the market balm
Q: Can cheap lipstick cause black spots on the lips?
Answer: Very normal. Cheap lipsticks can contain many harmful chemicals. It can cause allergies and rashes on your lips
Q: Can honey and sugar be a good lip scrub?
Answer: Yes, honey and sugar have this quality. Very good scrub especially big granulated sugar. Honey moisturizes the lips.
Q: Is excessive smoking harmful to the lips?
Answer: Cigarettes contains nicotine. Which leaves a black mark when it comes in contact with the lips for a long time.